1. Conserve energy – Reduce energy by switching off the lights and closing windows if the heating is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home.
2. Give the Car a Rest – Leave the car behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use public transport.
3. Shop Local – Use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in our region. Ask about local markets or local and regional organic produce.
4. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Try and recycle any waste you have.
5. Be Water Wise – Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives.
6. Respect Nature – Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly.
7. Support Green Tourism Businesses – There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible. See www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
And most importantly, have a great time when you are here; we’d like you to come back!